A venerable shikinai-sha surrounded by lush greenery.
This shrine is classified as a shikinai-sha, meaning its long history can be traced back to the 10th century, when it was listed in the Engishiki (“Procedures of the Engi Era”) and recognized as an “official shrine.” It originally enshrined the ancestors of the Mononobe clan. During the Muromachi period (1336–1573), Kasuga no Kami was also enshrined here. The name of the local area, Kasugaoka, comes from this deity. Later, during the Meiji era (1868–1912), Nagano Jinja, a local shrine, merged with Karakuni Shrine. The long approach to the shrine is surrounded by lush greenery and it has been selected as one of the 100 Beautiful Views of Osaka Greenery. Many people visit the shrine to pray for safe childbirth and to ward off bad luck.